Gum disease, also referred to as periodontal disease, is a very common, yes serious oral infection to your gum tissue. If left untreated, gum disease can lead to irreversible tooth loss. Listed below are typical signs and symptoms that gum disease may be taking place.
– Look for sensitive gums that appear abnormal and damaged, including signs of swelling, bleeding, tenderness, and inflammation.
– Look for signs that your gums may be receding from your teeth, as gum disease often makes your teeth look longer than usual, and may even be exposing a tooth’s roots.
– Check your smile for any signs of injury including loose or wobbly teeth.
– Limit products that continually damage your mouth and expose you to a higher risk of gum disease, including smoking and chewing tobacco.
– Look for symptoms and signs that bleeding occurs habitually, including when eating meals or cleaning your teeth.
– Look to see if any medications you are taking list dry mouth as a side effect, which is a contributor to gum disease.
– Check for signs of bad breath that recurrently returns or fails to go away at all.
For a gum disease diagnosis and treatment, please contact Alpha Dental Spa to book an appointment with Dr. David Cho and our team at our dentist office in Cinnaminson, New Jersey. Call us at 856-829-1989. Let us help you achieve a healthy smile!