Do you know that dental floss is vital to your oral health? Brushing your teeth is an excellent habit to prevent tooth decay and gum disease, but unfortunately, it is not enough. Brushing cannot sufficiently remove food debris and plaque buildup between teeth, which instead must be done with an interdental tool such as dental floss.
Listed below are a few common facts and techniques concerning dental floss:
– To avoid recontamination, never use the same piece of a strand more than once.
– If at all possible, you should always try to use a shred-resistant floss such as single-filament thread.
– If possible, only look for dental floss or interdental cleaners that have been given the ADA Seal of Acceptance, or make sure they have been approved by your dentist for regular use.
– Always floss at least two minutes per day, making sure you floss between every single tooth and behind your teeth in the furthest row back.
– Typically, try to go for a piece of thread that is about 18 inches long, so it will have enough space to clean all areas between your teeth, with a new section for each tooth.
To learn more about dental floss, or to schedule an appointment with your dentist at Alpha Dental Spa, call our dentist office in Cinnaminson, New Jersey at 856-829-1989. Dr. David Cho and our entire team want to ensure your oral health is shining for years to come.